Tuesday 19 November 2013

Hyperrealism: My Area Of Focus

Below are videos of some amazing hyperrealistic pencil drawings, an area of art i am very much into and want to practice and eventually master. These are all incredible and are where my motivation is for me to brush up my skills and create equally as impressive art work. I need to take more time with my drawings from now on because i tend to get bored and rush without transferring to my drawing all the detail i'm actually observing, not making it perfect, but just similar. I only spend a few hours on my drawings at the moment and should aim to spend a lot more as many of the realistic drawings i've been looking at take anywhere from 10 hours to over 300 like the Emanuel Dascanio videos below. I've realised that it is simple to create drawings like this, it's simply time consuming and requires a hell of a lot of patience and the effort to draw what i see, i mean what i really see, not what i see from a distance but each and every flaw, freckle and detail on the subject no matter how big or small and fully represent light where there is light and accurately match on my drawing the tones and textures of the image i'm referring to. 




The next three videos are all of the artist 'Emanuel Dascanio' who is amazing at realistic drawings. I love his work just because how he manages to draw beautiful portraits on a huge larger than life scale without sacrificing any detail, but capturing even more!





No comments:

Post a Comment