Tuesday 4 February 2014

Fashion designs

After looking at a few illustrations online and what Tyler has been doing i decided to give it a go and here are my first attempts at fashion illustration, although the images below are in no particular order. I found this surprisingly fun and more exciting and tolerable than what my original pathway was with the detailed drawings which begun to bore me midway through a drawing. I find i can sit down at any time and just let the pencil move and let my mind create what you see below, i love fashion illustration because there are no limits and i can do whatever i can imagine and i don't have to plan an idea, simply draw model outline and see what happens. I'm always ending up happily surprised with my designs as no planning is involved or no idea what each one will be like.






Many of my designs so far have had a futuristic look, or a space kinda of look, although this isn't on purpose i don't mind it because i love all my designs so far and have lost no excitement producing them.



The two images below are just a technique i tried after liking what Tyler was producing using it, i just dripped or threw different ink colours on paper and then added the female form afterwards to represent the ink as an outfit/clothing. Due to my previous style of working, doing realistic extremely detailed drawings i didn't like this technique as much, but i like the mix of colours, i may try this again but i will try to control the clouds slightly more and lessen the splash zone to fit my preference but also be outside my comfort some still.


No comments:

Post a Comment