Wednesday 30 October 2013

Different mark making styles!

On this day we each had an object to draw, but using different styles such as using a rolling pin attached to my foot with my pencil on the end, taping the rolling pin to my head like a unicorn and drawing with the movement of my neck rather than my arm and wrist. It was rather funny seeing the entire class taking up different stances, adopting comical, unorthodox poses to create their drawings. Using strange ways and tools to draw on an easel was incredibly funny to be a part of. It was really interesting to do this because the marks you make are really different and not necessarily in a bad way, it's not as accurate but the marks have more life and are not small concentrated marks together to create an edge, but big bold continuous marks stretching the full length and come across a whole lot more natural and not so planned and flimsy.

My first drawing was one of a batman figurine, drawn using a few different styles. The charcoal was taped to the end of a cain and i held it at arms length, also the rolling pin on my foot and my head were used to draw part of it and shade it. My second was of my fellow student Dan, sat at his drawing board un-knowing of my drawing of him to begin with as to keep him in a more natural pose to work on the shape, size and placement of his features. It was quite difficult doing this using the charcoal on a cain, but i still enjoyed it and was surprised at the outcome as i think it showed a real likeness to the subject.
    
The images below are of my work and showing a couple of the tools i used to draw with.







No comments:

Post a Comment